This year, we’ve partnered with the brewers at Signature Brew, who make craft beer inspired by music. They decided they’d like to take us on an audio-visual-taste sensation of a journey through some of their craft beers, pairing them up with some of their favourite classic albums.
Signature Brew’s beers have always been inherently linked to music. Brewed in Leyton, East London, for the last few years they’ve been putting out special edition beers, inspired by the bands they listen to.
From creating a special band collaboration beer to Signature Brew’s mission to put exciting beers in exciting venues, Signature Brew and Independent Venue Week go hand-in-hand – and here’s why:
- Signature Brew started with one aim: to bring great beer and great music together. When they’re not collaborating on beers with bands such as Enter Shikari, Mastodon, Slaves, Millencolin, The Skints and more, they’re bringing their range of music-inspired craft beers to the best music venues, bars and festivals in the UK.
- They’re collaborating with Brighton rockers , Tigercub, to create Safe Mode – a delicious new Belgian-style beer set to appear at selected Independent Venue Week shows. Trust us, this beer is not to be missed.
- Their team is made up of musicians and music fans alike. Aside from loving beer, the other criteria for joining the East London brewery is a passion for everything music. From singers to trombonists, members of their team have tirelessly toured the UK’s venues. Come to think of it… that’s probably why they feel so passionate about what’s available on the bar.
- Every night around an incredible 14,000 fans attend gigs at small music venues – and that’s just in London. We are a nation of gig-goers and…
- Independent venues are the lifeblood of the UK’s music scene. For decades they have been the proving grounds that bring musicians and fans together and make UK bands some of the best in the world. Signature Brew believe this incredible heritage, as well as the future of UK music, is something worth celebrating and if you agree then join us for a pint of Signature Brew at one of the upcoming Independent Venue Week 2018 shows. Cheers to that!
Signature Brew’s Auditory Tasting Experience
From Fleetwood Mac to Jay-Z, Independent Venue Week partner Signature Brew picked five iconic albums that pair perfectly with their music-inspired craft beers – but which of the brewers’ pairings would you rather try?
Roadie – Oasis‘ (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?
Backstage IPA – Jay-Z and Kanye West’s Watch The Throne
Studio Pilsner – Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours
Nightliner – Royal Blood’s How Did We Get So Dark?
For more information visit www.signaturebrew.co.uk, follow us on Twitter @SignatureBrew or Like us on Facebook.